Thursday, December 19, 2013

It's Christmas time!

I am NOT a Christmas fanatic. I do not run around all year scooping up next year's presents, and decorations. I don't really look forward to the snow and cold. I do not shiver in anticipation for the first time I'll hear a Christmas song. I especially hate how commercial the holiday is (many years working retail will do that to a lady).
I do, however, love the lights, and most of all the comfort of Christmas. I woke up on December 1st snuggled up in my flannel sheets, a fresh dusting of snow covering my backyard, and I just felt cheerful. I felt like putting up my tree and decorating my house, and singing Christmas songs.
So I did.
I combed my parent's backyard (which is all wooded) for some short pine and fir saplings and dug out a few of the decorations my Mother-in-law has gifted me and put together what I think is a pretty delightful little display.
My centerpiece on the dining room table is my
favorite part. It greets everyone who walks in, and it is simple and festive. I'm searching for either a candlestick to go in the silver holder, or a different item to put there. The candle is called Autumn Harvest, I picked it up from Target, and it's a warm mix of apples, leaves, and pumpkin.



 I have a few favorite ornaments. This one is a glass ornament filled with milkweed seeds, or "wishes" as I call them. I found this at a local craft fair last year and had to have it. It makes me think of being hopeful and having a year full of wishes. I love imagining that if I had to, I could pull one out and make a wish on it, if I ever needed a little help.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin