Sunday, September 15, 2013

Lazy Sunday

Ahhh Sundays. My favorite day of the week! I used to have to work weekends (thanks retail!), but now I have every Sunday off and I make sure I spend my Sunday wisely. By being lazy!
Andy and I wake up a little later than usual, slip on super comfy clothes, put on a pot of coffee and plop down on the couch to watch TV, read blogs, and watch YouTube videos. Today we watched some football (we're in a fantasy league with friends), drank pumpkin spice coffee, and snuggled up with the Moo. My mom-in-law, Bonnie, gave me this *adorable* owl mug, cos she knows I love owls. It's my new favorite mug!



I also get the urge to decorate and organize on Sundays. It is most decidedly Fall here in Maine, so I thought I would spruce up my dining area with a little Fall decor! The milk glass and hydrangea have been on my table all Summer, on top of my lovely silver plate (from Goodwill, only $3!). The candle is Tiki Beach from Bath and Body Works, and is on it's last legs (so long, Summer scent!). This lovely glass vase is from Bonnie as well (does she know me well, or what?) and I've filled it with some vase-fill that I got from Target last year on clearance. You can see the beautiful Maine foliage out my window, too!

I also like to spend some of my Sundays catching up on chores, like dishes and laundry. It makes my Monday so much easier when I have clean clothes and silverware. 
Andy and I spend every Sunday with our parents; we alternate Sundays with each set. Family is really important to both of us, and it's really nice to end the week catching up with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin