Monday, September 23, 2013

Motivation Monday!

Ever since I started working my dream job, I've had Mondays off. I used to work a lot (I mean *a lot*), so whenever I had a day off I would slouch around all day doing absolutely nothing. No cleaning, no shopping. I didn't even put pants on.
It's a different story now.
I use Mondays as my recharge day, but instead of being a slug I like to recharge by getting done all of the chores that fall to the wayside on the days I work. I play catch up on my blog-reading. I study. I prep my blog posts.
Most of all, I search for motivation.
Motivation for not one thing in particular, but for my life in general. I've done a lot of soul-searching in the past 6 months, and through that I've come to cement my goals in my mind. I want to be happy, healthy, knowledgeable, and most of all I want to be a source of light for the people around me.
What do I mean by "source of light?" Let me explain.

A year ago I was miserable. I hated my job, my friends were not very good at being my friend, and I was just generally stressed out and grumpy. In turn, I made everyone around me feel the same way. Not intentionally, mind you, I just complained a lot and my awful mood oozed out of my every pore. When I left my stressful job, I decided to change everything, including my terrible mood. I wanted my interactions with everyone to be a pleasure for them, and I wanted people to look forward to spending time with me, instead of bracing themselves for the inevitable barrage of negativity. I want to be a source of light.

What is motivating me today is this awesome book my mom gave me. She knows that I love art books and that I've been trying to become more positive and thankful, and this book is quickly becoming my Holy Grail for finding inspiration every day.

This is the passage that I read today that is truly perfect for this post.

I spend every Monday doing the things I need to do (chores and running errands) and the things I love to do (blogging, and watching YouTube videos). I feel refreshed and renewed for the rest of my week, and I don't feel like I've wasted my day off.


Getting motivated is easy, it's staying motivated that's hard. How do you motivate yourself?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin