Monday, September 16, 2013

VoxBox Update

I promised an update on my VoxBox, and here it is! For those of you who don't know, I'm involved with Influenster which is a fun and awesome service that sends me products to try out and review on all of my social networks. They recently sent me their Good Life VoxBox full of fun goodies related to health and fitness.

The first products I'll talk about are the Zone Perfect Greek Yogurt bar, and the Nonni's ThinAddictives, because they were the first products I tried. The Zone Perfect bar was delicious. I had the Raspberry flavor; it was kind of chewy, a little tart, and I will definitely buy these the next time I get bars. I was disappointed in the protein-to-calorie ratio, so I wouldn't eat these as a protein bar. It is a huge step up from a regular granola bar though, and I can see these replacing granola bars for a lot of my friends.
The Nonni's was a couple of thin, sweet cranberry crackers. It was like dry, crunchy slices of bread. I don't know that I'll buy more of these, but I think they'd be nice for people who like a good crunch. They'd be delicious with cream cheese on them!






This New-Skin liquid bandage was the product I was most excited to try out. I've used New-Skin before, and I liked it, but it was pretty inconvenient for me to use. It came in a bottle with a brush, and I hated putting that brush back in the bottle after I had just swept it over a fresh wound. It also stung, due to the antiseptic. This product on the other hand is in a spray bottle (and does not sting!), and it is amazing! The formula seems thinner, which is great because you don't always need a thick goopy layer on a scrape or cut. It was incredibly easy to spray, and the bottle is small enough to put in a first aid kit (or a purse, which is where mine has stayed for the past 3 weeks!). The formula also seems improved, because I sprayed this on my knuckle and it has not cracked, or peeled. I would forget I had this on, if it weren't for the smell. The smell isn't really that terrible; kind of like plastic-y Twizzlers, but it's not great.


The Garcinia Cambogia Extract made me a little nervous to try, because my experience with diet pills is that they make you really jittery and anxious and irritable. I can honestly say that this did not seem to affect my mood or energy level at all. I did notice that I did not feel "snacky" during the day, and ate an appropriate amount of food at mealtimes. I don't think I'm really the target audience for this, because I don't really tend to overeat most meals, and this is suggested to be taken 3 times a day. I will be taking advantage of this after dinner, when I tend to want to continue snacking before bed.







I haven't had a chance to try this last product. I've suffered from headaches and migraines for years, and I've been tweaking my diet in the last few months to avoid them (and it's been working!). I will say the concept is brilliant, because this packet is easier to store and find in my purse than pills, which either need to be in a bottle (which rattles when you walk, urgh) or in a pill case and who has those anymore?! It's headache medicine in powder form, that you don't even need water for. Perfect for hiking/camping, or if you're ever somewhere you don't have a drink handy. On the back of the packet is the whole range of medicines in powder form, and it looks fairly comprehensive. I'm going to keep a lookout for these, and I may pick up a couple different types for when we go camping.



I really enjoyed my VoxBox, and I hope I get more in the future. Influenster is a really fun service, and if you are active on social media, and you want to review products, I suggest signing up. There are tons of categories; it's not limited to health and fitness products! I do have a few invites left, so if you would like one, please leave your email below and I'll send you one!


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/10717449/?claim=xfnbhz2vq2m">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow my blog with Bloglovin